The lips are the center of attraction on the face. It is normal to desire beautiful lips. Some people are lucky enough to have naturally full and beautiful lips. Others, to have beautiful lips, go through a number of treatments. Some can be temporary while others may last a long time. However, if someone wishes to have a permanent lift of the upper lip, they can get surgical treatment. The Bullhorn Lip Lift in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain is a permanent solution to have plumper looking lips that appears natural and beautiful.
Aim Of Treatment:
The treatment is carried out to make the lips appear fuller and thicker. People who have thin upper lips may choose to go for the surgery. The distance between the nose and lips is decreased through an invasive procedure. This makes the skin of the lips more visible thus making them seem fuller. It is a permanent solution to having beautiful lips.
The results of the procedure are instant and can be seen immediately after the surgery. However, the time taken for the surgical site to heal can be lengthy depending on the aftercare and immune system of the recipient. The swelling may also take a week to subside. The wound usually heals in three to four weeks but the scar is still noticeable after this time. It takes around 4 months for the scar to become less visible.
The treatment provides a number of benefits to the recipient
- It gives fuller lips to people with a thin upper lip
- Enhances the appearance of a person
- Makes a person more confident about themselves
- It improves the smiles of a person
- It makes lips look plumper naturally
- The scar of the surgery is unnoticeable after it heals completely
- It improves the overall shape and looks of the lips
- The results are permanent so the patient does not have to go through the procedure again
- A person whose front upper teeth does not show when they smile
- Somebody who is unhappy with the way their lips appear
- A person who wants permanent results
- If a person is self-conscious about their expressions
- Medically fit person with no serious medical condition
- Somebody who can avoid taking blood thinners for days before and after the surgery
- If a smoker can quit smoking for a few weeks before the surgery until the healing is complete
- A mentally prepared person for the surgical procedure
How Does It Work?
The surgery takes out a part of the skin in the shape of a Bullhorn from the area of the upper lips. This decreases the skin between the lips and the nasal area. The decrease in the skin enhances the top of the lip. This turns out the upper lip that is otherwise inverted.
The preparation of the procedure starts after deciding if the patient is an ideal candidate for the treatment. This starts with a detailed initial consultation of the patient with the doctor in which the concerns and expectations are discussed.
The doctor then goes through the medical history of the patient to make sure he does not suffer from any serious condition. In case the patient suffers from any medical condition, their doctor is consulted and medical clearance is required to avoid any complications in the future.
A physical examination is also taken and the surgeon may also draw some blood work. This is done to make sure the patient is ideal for the surgical procedure.
After all the initial tests and discussion, the surgeon gives a list of instructions to the candidate to be followed to prepare for the surgical procedure.
During Bullhorn Lip Lift in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain, you can expect the following.
- The first step of the procedure is to mark the area of the surgery. This is usually on the base of the nose over the upper lips.
- This area is thoroughly cleansed first and is then numbed using local anesthesia.
- After numbing the area, the surgeon makes a cut that appears like a bullhorn, as the name suggests.
- From the incision, a strip of skin is taken out to tighten the underlying muscles. This raises the upper lip.
- The incision is then sutured using dissolvable or removable stitches.
Aftercare and Recovery:
- The after-care instructions are given by the surgeons that should be followed thoroughly in order to avoid any post-op complications and to achieve desired results.
- One of the more important post-care is to avoid intensive workouts or activities for at least a week or two after the procedure.
- The wounds are to be cleaned daily.
- For the first few days, the patient is to take a soft diet as it is advised to limit the movement of the mouth for a few days at least.
For the first week, the surgical site is swollen and the patient may feel some discomfort. However, in the second week, the swelling goes down and the patient starts feeling more comfortable. The complete recovery takes around three to four months when the scars are also completely healed.
- It is a permanent non-reversible procedure. In case a patient is not satisfied with the results, there is no comeback.
- Risk of infection as it is an invasive procedure
- There is a risk of excessive blood loss especially if the patient is on blood thinners
- There is a chance of poor wound healing if the surgical site is not taken care of properly
- The scar formed can be noticeable
The cost of the treatment ranges from AED 9,999 to AED 29,999. The actual cost of the procedure varies from person to person depending on the complexity of the treatment and on the patient’s requirements. Taking into consideration all the factors, the cost is determined by the surgeon.
The procedure is not carried out as an important medical treatment. It is done for purely cosmetic reasons. This is why the expenses of the treatment are not covered by the insurance companies.
How Long Do The Results Last?
After complete healing, the results of the procedure are permanent and cannot be reversed. It enhances the lips permanently by making the tissue of the upper lip more visible.
Is The Procedure Pain Full?
The procedure is carried out under anesthesia so the patient does not feel any pain during the surgery. The surgeon starts once the area is numbed. After the surgery, the patient is given pain relief medications and ointment to apply to the wound so that any discomfort that the patient may face can be avoided.
Does It Change Your Face?
The treatment does not result in a complete change of facial appearance. It only enhances the shape of the lips making them seem fuller.
Does It Cause A Scar?
The treatment does cause a minor scar under the nose. This scar when healed after a few months is unnoticeable to the naked eye. However, if not taken care of properly, it can result in visible scarring. This scar is permanent.
If the patient wants to get rid of the scar, there are other treatments a person can go for its removal.
Book a Free Appointment:
The doctors at the Enfield Royal Clinic are extremely professional and highly qualified. Their thorough experience leaves the patients happy and satisfied with the results. If you are looking to get the best Bullhorn Lip Lift in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain, fill up the form below and book a free initial consultation with the finest surgeons.