The loss of hair with age is a very common and natural phenomenon. This can make a person self-conscious about their appearance. The only solution to this problem is a hair transplant. There are various techniques to carry out the treatment. One such very effective and advanced method is the DHI Direct Hair Implant in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain. Read all about the procedure on the page below.
Essence of Treatment
The main goal of the treatment is to restore the hair growth of the recipients in the area where they have balding spots and hair thinning. The procedure aims to provide natural-looking and thicker hair on the head with minimally invasive treatment.
The treatment results in an increased density and thickness of hair. The results are not instant and it may take months to see the results. The final results are visible after approximately a year or two. The growth of hair and the results depends on how well the patient takes care of the treated region.
- The confidence of the recipient is increased and self-esteem also enhanced
- The appearance of the person is also improved
- The hair density increases making them look thicker
- The success rate of the treatment is very high
- The baldness and thinning of hair are reduced
- The hair growth along with the hairline is restored
- The treatment is cost-effective in the long run with very natural-looking results
- A person who has bald spots and is suffering from hair thinning
- Someone conscious about the thinning of their hair
- Anyone who wants to enhance their appearance
- Someone who does not suffer from any serious condition and disease
- The individual who is mentally ready for the implants and their aftercare
- A person who has a stable hair loss and has a sufficient donor region
How does it work?
The DHI Direct Hair Implant in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain usually works by moving healthy hair follicles from the region where hair density is high to the area(s) with hair thinning or low hair density. It is similar to the FUE Hair Transplant with some modifications.
The initial consultation with the doctor consists of a discussion about the problem areas, issues, and expectations of the patient from the treatment. The medical history of the patient is reviewed and the doctor may also suggest some blood tests to confirm the root cause of hair thinning and balding.
When the initial checkup is complete, the doctor plans the treatment according to the patient’s current condition and their expected results. A list of instructions is also provided to the patient to prepare them for the treatment.
- The patients are to stop using blood-thinning medications and supplements
- Alcohol consumption and smoking should also be stopped
- Any medications taken by the patient should be informed to the doctor
The treatment is carried out in multiple steps. These are explained below
- First, the scalp is cleaned and disinfected using either local anesthesia or numbing ointment or spray. The numbing ointment is to be left on the scalp for some time for it to be effective.
- When the region is numbed, the doctor starts the extraction process.
- The hair follicles are taken out from the region on the head that is not affected by baldness or thinning
- The location of the donor’s hair is important as these hairs should be genetically programmed not to fall off
- After the extraction process is complete, the transplantation of the follicles begin
- A transplanting device is used by the doctor to implant the follicles into the recipient area(s)
- In the DHI method, the incisions are not needed and the follicles are directly implanted into the skin
Aftercare and Recovery
After the treatment, post-op care is very important to achieve the best results, avoid complications and pace up the healing process. The doctor provides a list of guidelines containing the dos and don’ts to be followed by the patient.
- The area shouldn’t be touched for the first few days to avoid any chances of infection
- The implanted region may feel itchy but should not be scratched as it can affect the healing process and the results
- The scalp is to be protected from direct sunlight
- Chemical-containing hair products should be avoided for a couple of weeks until the healing is complete
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking can also greatly affect the results and should be avoided
The average cost of the treatment ranges from AED 7,000 to AED 12,000. It depends on several factors that are kept in mind when deciding the final cost by the doctor. The factors include things like the size of the area being treated, the current condition of the patient, their expected results, and the doctor’s qualification, and expertise.
How long do the results last?
The results of the treatment last for a long time and often for a lifetime as well. It depends on how well the patient takes care of their transplanted hair. The donor follicles that are implanted are naturally programmed not to fall out.
Why choose our clinic?
The surgeons at the Enfield Royal Clinic are one the best and highly qualified in Abu Dhabi. Their expertise and experience make them eligible to carry out any type of surgery no matter how complicated it can be. The use of modern techniques and the latest technology ensures guaranteed results. Well trained staff of the clinic makes sure that the patients are comfortable and relaxed during their visit to the clinic. Safety of the patients is very important for us thereby the clinic is kept clean and hygienic and all the protocols of Covid 19 are strictly followed. Our patient-centric approach makes the patients and clients our number one priority.
Request a free appointment
Learn more about the DHI Direct Hair Implant in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain by contacting our experts at the clinic. You can also book a free appointment by filling up the consultation form provided below.