Salicylic Acid Peeling in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain is multifaceted and used to treat several skin problems. It is keratolytic which means it encourages the turnover of cells and helps exfoliate the skin. Due to the aging factor and surrounding environment, the pores on the skin can get clogged with oil, debris, dirt, bacteria, and dead skin. This causes acne and several other skin-related problems.
The acid helps to unclog the pores, exfoliate the skin and sweep away this debris, oil, and destroy the bacteria reducing the acne and preventing it further. It is one of the most important ingredients seen in acne products.
The treatment results in the enhancement of the skin tone, texture, and quality. It evens out uneven skin tone, reduces the appearance of large pores, and decreases oil production. The acne and pimple problem is also addressed. The treatment is multifaceted and treats several skin issues.
- It helps reduce the problem of pimples and acne
- It makes the skin look fresh and young
- The problem of pigmentation is reduced and skin appears even
- The procedure is cost-effective and cheap and provides guaranteed results
- It removes dead skin and clears clogged pores
- The production of excess oil is reduced
- The treatment acts as a confidence booster
- The skin quality, texture, and tone are enhanced
- An individual who does not suffer from any serious skin condition or disease
- Someone who wants to rejuvenate their skin and reduce the appearance of early aging signs
- A person who suffers from pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Someone who suffers from acne and pimples
- Anyone who has large pores and excess oil production on their skin
- A person who does not have a sensitive skin
- Women who are not pregnant or lactating
How Does it Work?
Salicylic Acid Peeling in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain works by breaking the bonds of the skin cells which results in them to shed. The upper layer of the skin is peeled off by the acid in this way causing the inner clearer skin to come to the surface. This causes rejuvenation of the skin and reduces skin imperfections and problems like acne, pimples, large pores, inflammation, excess oil production, etc.
In the first appointment, the skincare professional discusses the patient’s problems, concerns, and expectations from the treatment. Their medical history is checked and a physical examination taken to confirm if they are ideal for the treatment. A list of guidelines is provided to the candidate to prepare them for the procedure
- The individual should avoid sunbathing for weeks before the procedure as sunburned skin is not ideal for the treatment
- Small amounts of the chemical are advised to be used so that the skin does not have adverse effects after the procedure
- A high SPF sunscreen should be used to protect the skin from high UV rays
- In the first step, the skin is cleaned and any traces of dirt and makeup removed from the treated area(s)
- The sensitive areas on the skin are then protected using a special ointment that works as a protecting agent on the skin
- The skincare specialist then starts the procedure by taking the salicylic acid composition according to the candidate’s skin and requirement
- The strength of the salicylic acid and type of peel used depends on the patient’s skin condition and is determined by the dermatologist
- On average the chemical is left on the skin for 10 minutes
- After that, it is removed using distilled water
- On the skin, the doctor applies a soothing cream or an ointment to relieve the discomfort instantly
Some post-op care instructions are provided to the recipients on how to care for the treated area(s) to pace up the healing and acquire the best possible results.
- The recipient should not wash their face after the procedure for the time advised by the doctor which is one day after the superficial peel and two days after the median peel
- The crusts formed on the skin are not to be peeled off
- The skin should be protected from the high UV rays of the sun and a good sunscreen should be used
- The skin should be kept moisturized and hydrated to speed up the healing process
- Until the healing is complete, the recipient should not go to Sauna or take a hot shower
- Any other aesthetic treatment should not be carried out on the treated area until the healing is complete and the skin care professional says so
- Skincare products containing chemicals should also be avoided for the first couple of days
- Can cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to salicylates
- The skin is usually red and sensitive after the procedure
- The skin becomes sensitive to the sun for the first few days after the treatment
The average cost of the treatment ranges from AED 300 to AED 1000. It depends on the number of sessions needed to achieve the best possible results, the type of peel used, and the expertise of the skin care professional carrying out the treatment. The doctor decides the final cost after considering all the factors affecting it.
How Long Does Salicylic Acid Peeling Last?
The effects depend on the type of peel used and how well the results are maintained by the individual. The results of a light peel last for a month or two at max. However, the results of a medium peel last an average of two to six months.
Why Choose the Royal Clinic?
The Enfield Royal Clinic has the most qualified and experienced surgeons and dermatologists in Abu Dhabi. They provide the best treatments and procedures using the latest technology and modern techniques. The staff of the clinic is well-trained and ensures the patients are comfortable and relaxed during the treatments. Our patient-centric approach makes them our number one priority. Their safety is very important to us therefore all the covid 19 protocols are still in place and strictly followed. If you are looking for the best choice of quality and price, we assure you the Royal clinic is the right option for you.
Request a Free Appointment
By filling up the consultation form provided below you can request a free initial appointment with our skincare specialists for the Salicylic Acid Peeling in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain.