Excessive eating and having meals with large portions can result in weight gain. There are different remedies and techniques used by people to limit their eating habits. These are however not always helpful. The Gastric Plication in Abu Dhabi is a fairly new treatment carried out to reduce the capacity of the stomach. This operation gained popularity in the world a few years ago. It is a very unique procedure in which instead of removing part of the stomach like the gastric sleeve, the stomach is rolled inwards to reduce the volume of the stomach. Read all about the procedure on the page below
Essence of Treatment:
The treatment aims to reduce the overall volume of the stomach without removing part of the stomach or adding a foreign object to it. This in turn helps in reduction in the food intake of the individual resulting in loss of weight.
- It reduces the food intake of the recipient
- The procedure is minimally invasive and safe to carry out
- The operation is effective in helping the patient lose weight
- The treatment is cost-effective as well
- No foreign object is added or implanted into the patient’s body
- The digestive tract is not disturbed
- Part of the stomach is not removed therefore no such complications result from the treatment
The operation results in a reduction in the food intake of the recipient. It makes the individual feel full with a limited amount of food. The person also feels less hungry due to a reduction in the size and volume of the stomach. It is a reversible operation for some time however after a long period it becomes complicated to reverse the treatment.
- A medically fit person with no serious disease or condition
- Someone whose the main hurdle in a weight loss program is an excessive eating disorder
- An individual who understands the treatment well
- A person who is mentally prepared for the operation
- Anyone who is willing to maintain a healthy lifestyle and with a routine workout
- Patients who cannot undergo any other bariatric treatments
How does it work?
The Gastric Plication in Abu Dhabi works by rolling the outer curvature of the stomach inwards to reduce the overall volume and capacity of the stomach. It decreases the amount of food individual intakes thereby helping a person in their weight loss journey.
In the first consultation, the surgeon has a detailed discussion with the patient about their problems and expected results. the medical history is also reviewed and blood tests may also be carried out to make sure the patient does not suffer from any disease or condition that may be affected or could affect the operation and the results.
Once the initial checkup is complete and the treatment is decided, the surgeon provides a list of guidelines to prepare the patient for the surgery.
- The operation is either carried out by inserting an endoscopic instrument through the mouth or by making small punctures in the abdomen.
- The treatment lasts for an hour or two under the influence of general anesthesia
- The walls of the outer curvature of the stomach are folded and rolled inwards
- It is then sutured or stapled together so that the volume of the stomach reduces
- The surgeon provides detailed information about the procedure during the first consultation
Aftercare and Recovery:
The recovery period is generally long just like any other bariatric procedure. Aftercare is very important to avoid any kind of complication and pace up the recovery process. The surgeon provides a list of instructions to the patient that should be strictly followed.
- For the first 2 days, the patient only drinks water in small portions with a total volume not exceeding 500ml
- On the third day, the patient is allowed to have a liquid diet that should not contain any carbohydrates
- After a week, the patient starts having a soft diet and liquid puree
- After a month, the patient can have a diet that is thick in consistency
- The patient can eat a normal diet after about 2 months. This diet should however be healthy and should not contain carbohydrates.
The average cost for the treatment ranges from AED 24,999 to AED 34,999. Several factors affect the cost of the procedure like the number of sutures required to achieve the desired size of the stomach and the surgeon’s expertise in carrying out the treatment. The surgeon decides the cost after considering all the factors affecting it.
How long do the results last?
The results are permanent unless the doctor takes out the sutures or staples to reverse the operation. This can however be done after a limited period. It can create complications if the surgeon tries to reverse the treatment after a long time.
Why choose our clinic?
The treatments offered by the surgeons and doctors at the Enfield Royal Clinic are of the highest quality and at affordable prices with high success rates. The doctors and surgeons at the clinic are experienced and highly qualified professionals. The environment of the clinic is kept clean and hygienic as the safety of our patients is very important to us. The Covid 19 protocols are also strictly followed. We believe in treating all clients equally with respect and dignity. The well-trained staff and their welcoming attitude provide a very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere to the patients. Our focus on an ethical and result-driven approach makes us the best choice for you!
Request a free consultation!
Learn all about the Gastric Plication in Abu Dhabi from our experts by booking a free initial consultation by filling up the form given below.