Take care of your eyes, they speak volumes about you!
The aging process mostly starts showing from a person’s eyes. With increasing age the skin around the eyes starts to loosen, this makes a person look old and tired. It is a natural process and everybody goes through it. Extra skin comes on the upper eyelids and makes them hooded or droopy. In some people, excessive fat can also appear on the lower eyelids. When this happens, the eyes look puffy and sleepy. It can also occur due to genetics or some injury. In order to address these deformities of eyelids, a person can go for Blepharoplasty/ Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain. This procedure refreshes the eyes and makes them look young and bright.
Why get Blepharoplasty?
These surgeries take out the extra skin and fatty tissues around the eyes. Incisions are made on the upper or lower eyelids and this excess skin or fats are removed. This is done as the fats around the eyes start to poke through the skin.
In some cases, there can be extra skin on the eyelids that needs to be removed. This can be for purely cosmetic purposes or there can be medical reasons as well. If the extra skin covers the pupil and affects the vision of a person, it becomes important to carry out the procedure to remove the extra weight on the eyes.
Others may have puffy under-eye bags due to the build-up of extra fats. To get rid of these they can undergo the surgery.
Eyelid Surgery/Blepharoplasty Before & After:
The results of the Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi are worth the investment of time and money. It gives natural-looking results and provides a person with a refreshed look. There is no sign of incision in the treatment carried out by trained surgeons.
Types of Blepharoplasty:
Everybody is different and each procedure is a little different depending on the situation of the patient and what they desire. The Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain is done through the following techniques.
Upper Eyelid Surgeries:
- Blepharoplasty is done to remove the extra skin on the eyelids. This is formed due to stretching of the skin that happens through time. There are a lot of techniques to carry out the surgery. The doctor individualizes the treatment plan according to the patient.
- Ptosis treatment for droopy eyelids is a little different than Blepharoplasty. This condition is not just caused by the extra skin on the eyelids. The eyelid has to be raised in this case. An Oculoplastic surgeon should be consulted as only he can differentiate between the two conditions.
- Brow lift surgery for droopy eyebrows is carried out when the eyebrows do not have a temporal flare and corners have to be raised.
Lower Eyelid Surgeries:
The Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery in Abu Dhabi is carried out to get rid of eye bags and dark circles and contours the eyes. This is done for purely cosmetic reasons and there are different techniques to execute it.
First, the eye is protected by a black shield and the eyelid is injected to numb it. An incision is then made on the inside and a small amount of fat is removed and repositioned.
A qualified and trained Oculoplastic surgeon carries out the procedure for upper and lower eyelids. A general surgeon cannot carry out the procedure as proper training is required to perform such delicate surgery.
- In the initial consultation, the patient explains the concerns and issues to the surgeon and also what they expect from the surgery.
- The doctor then reviews the medical history of the patient and also takes a comprehensive exam.
- Another most important thing that the patient needs to tell the doctor is whether they have dry eyes.
- The doctor then assesses the eyes carefully using a slit lamp.
- The doctor then decides the type of treatment best fit for the patient using the information provided by the patient.
Eyelid Surgery Procedure:
- First, the doctor marks the eyelids where an incision is to be made
- The eye is then injected with anesthesia and the surgery takes place
- Using a blade the extra skin on the eye is removed
- After removing the skin, the upper eyelid is stitched together
- The stitches used are often dissolvable and dissolve in about two weeks
- In case of removable stitches, they are removed in a week by the doctor.
Blepharoplasty Recovery Time:
After completion of the surgery, the patient is brought to the post-operative area where the staff takes care of them. Their vitals are monitored and the staff makes sure that they are comfortable during recovery. After some time, the patient is allowed to go home.
An antibiotic ointment is applied to the eyes to protect them in the immediate post-operative period. The ointment wears off over the course of the day and the vision is then improved. It is normal to have some element of blurry vision in the first week after the surgery
In the after-care, the patient will be given antibiotic ointment to be applied on the stitches and potentially in the eyes. Some of the ointment applied on the stitches can go into the eyes. This ointment is often greasy and can blur the vision. Vision will improve day by day. The doctor should be consulted if the vision does not improve. Individuals do not usually need pain killers after the operation however it depends on the pain threshold of each person.
After the operation people can go back to work in 5 to 7 days. For a few weeks after the surgery heavy lifting or anything that raises the heartbeat should be avoided. Complete healing takes place in a few weeks.
An ideal candidate for Blepharoplasty in Abu Dhabi is any person with excess skin or fat on the upper or lower eyelid(s). The patient’s history is also examined by the doctor before the treatment. If a person suffers from any kind of eye condition, the doctor plans the treatment accordingly. Any other medical condition is also taken into consideration before the treatment.
There are some short-term risks after the surgery. Most of these are unusual and rarely happen. Even if these do happen, they fade away after some time. Some of the risks include:
- Vision can be blurred for some days
- Possibility of drainage from the stitches
- Swelling and bruising are normal in post-operative healing. It starts showing a day after the procedure and peaks at around 48 hours.
- There is a risk of not being able to open one or both eyes due to the build-up of blood under the incision. This is also extremely rare.
- Mild itching may be experienced which is a normal part of healing.
How Long Do the Results Last?
The results of the surgery are permanent and non-reversible. However, with the increase in age, the skin around the eyes may become loose again due to the natural process of aging.
Blepharoplasty Abu Dhabi Cost:
The cost for Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi range is 18,000AED AED 25,000. The actual cost of the treatment varies from person to person and on the type of procedure. After an initial consultation, the doctor determines the actual cost of the consultation.
Best Blepharoplasty Surgeon in Abu Dhabi:
Eyelid Lift surgery is commonly utilized to fix the usual indications of aging that develop near the eyes. At Enfield Royal Clinic, we have the best surgeon of blepharoplasty that are proficient and capable enough to eliminate the extra quantity of fat or droopiness near the eyes. If you have any further queries or concerns regarding the treatment, then feel free to reach us. We assure to deliver you the worthwhile & most productive result that will last for a very long time!
Book a free appointment for Blepharoplasty/ Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain at the Enfield Royal Clinic by filling up the consultation form given below.